A Feldenkrais Mini-Lesson
- Sit on the edge of your chair with your feet flat on the floor, feet and
knees hip-width apart, hands resting lightly on thighs.
- Turn and look slowly to the right, without straining. How far can you comfortably
- Several times, turn slowly to the right, but keep your eyes forward (you
will be looking out of the left corners of your eyes).
- Again turn to the right, taking your eyes to the right also. Do you turn
further without strain?
- Several times, turn as if to look over your right shoulder, but this time
keep your whole face to the front, so that you turn below the neck.
- Turn right again, including your head and your eyes. How far can you easily
- Several times, keeping your feet flat on the floor, move your left knee
forward. You will feel your pelvis shift on the chair.
- Move your left knee forward as you turn to look to the right several times.
Do you see further now, without strain? Do you feel more of yourself involved
in the act of turning?
- Repeat these steps on the left.